Ro Units

It really is very easy to fit :good:

You put a little screw thingy (which comes with it) into the exsisting pipe under your sink. When you want water you turn it like a tap then just turn it off when finished :good: put the tube which the waste water comes out of into the sink and the RO water tube into your container then depending on your water pressure you will have your RO water in no time at all.

Honestly it really couldn't be any easier than that :cool:

RO man is cheapest and used by most members on here.

PS tried to find video for you but sorry no luck :no:

It really is very easy to fit :good:

You put a little screw thingy (which comes with it) into the exsisting pipe under your sink. When you want water you turn it like a tap then just turn it off when finished :good: put the tube which the waste water comes out of into the sink and the RO water tube into your container then depending on your water pressure you will have your RO water in no time at all.

Honestly it really couldn't be any easier than that :cool:

RO man is cheapest and used by most members on here.

PS tried to find video for you but sorry no luck :no:
sounds easy and i regularly mess about with the plumbing so it sounds easy :)

just need to save!

lol expensive buisness on a bigger tank :lol:

Use the washing machine "Y" connector much easier than spiking the mains pipe. (you may well want to move house one day)
Heres my old RO unit (small) but the same connections are being used for my larger one.

ROUnit2.jpg

Regards
BigC

Use the washing machine "Y" connector much easier than spiking the mains pipe. (you may well want to move house one day)
Heres my old RO unit (small) but the same connections are being used for my larger one.

ROUnit2.jpg

Regards
BigC
thanks BigC i take it that the out let to the RO will be closed off so the rest of the water goes to the washing machine?

could i possibly connect it to the out side tap and then disconnect when not in use? i think i may just buy it as its easier.

Hi,

Yes you can connect them to an outside tap as thats how I create my RO water. A good plumbers merchant or LFS will be able to sell you a tap to pipe connector (no more than 5 pounds) and installation is so much easier. Also if like me you have limited room under your sink, its a great alternative and can be put away when not in use.

Only thing you have to be aware of, is that as a RO unit is temperature dependant, in summer you get tonnes of water very quickly (advantage) but in the winter you have to be careful not to damage the unit via frost and it can take ages to produce the water.

Best of luck

Hi,

Yes you can connect them to an outside tap as thats how I create my RO water. A good plumbers merchant or LFS will be able to sell you a tap to pipe connector (no more than 5 pounds) and installation is so much easier. Also if like me you have limited room under your sink, its a great alternative and can be put away when not in use.

Only thing you have to be aware of, is that as a RO unit is temperature dependant, in summer you get tonnes of water very quickly (advantage) but in the winter you have to be careful not to damage the unit via frost and it can take ages to produce the water.

Best of luck
would i have to leave it connected? or could i unsrew the fixing and store it somewhere?

Excellent, all you have to make sure is its compatible with 1/4 inch pipe.

If you do store the RO unit disconnected, make sure the membrane remains wet at all times. If it drys out the membrane is scrap, and it costs almost as much as a small unit to replace with a good quality membrane.

Don't forget to run the first 1/2-2 hours water to waste when you start it up again / fit a new membrane. The first 1/2 an hours output will have a higher TDS reading than when it's settled down, and membranes have a load of resin smeared over them to keep them wet in transit when new that needs to be flushed off for a couple of hours :good:

In sealed containers, fresh RO can be stored for any length of time you like, provided the container is sealed :good:

All the best
Rabbut

If you do store the RO unit disconnected, make sure the membrane remains wet at all times. If it drys out the membrane is scrap, and it costs almost as much as a small unit to replace with a good quality membrane.

Don't forget to run the first 1/2-2 hours water to waste when you start it up again / fit a new membrane. The first 1/2 an hours output will have a higher TDS reading than when it's settled down, and membranes have a load of resin smeared over them to keep them wet in transit when new that needs to be flushed off for a couple of hours :good:

In sealed containers, fresh RO can be stored for any length of time you like, provided the container is sealed :good:

All the best
Rabbut
thanks rabbut, i may just buy it, seeing as its going to cost me £15 to fill the tank which isnt too expensive, and i have a few camping water cans which will remain usefull

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back