Rivulus - Community?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AmazonFTW

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Are there are rivulus species that would be able to fit into a Fluval Roma 240 aquarium with -
Silvertip Tetras,
Corydoras Julii,
Emperor Tetras,
Flying Fox,
Bristlenose
and Cryptoheros Cutteri.

Also do they need any special conditions?

Thank you,
AmazonFTW

Are you asking about Rivulus or Rivulins
Regards
C

How many of each fish you mentioned do you have?

25 Silvertips, 4 Cories, 2 Bristlenose, 2 Cryptoheros Cutteri, 2 Flying Fox(Can be moved), 5 Emperors. Not many of the fish are full size yet.

Are you asking about Rivulus or Rivulins
Regards
C

Someone said Rivulus were South American killies so I guess them, what's the difference?

Thanks,
AmazonFTW

If we are talking about Rivulus species then, be aware most are not very colourful and only a small number are stunning to look at. (which is why I posed the question). Rivulus are not that common and will usually come from a breeder whose water will be very soft, acidic and posses a very low pH, (from experience). I have some Rivulus punctatus, xiphidius, speciosus & frenatus available or will be available soon but it is too cold to post just now and would have to wait until the Spring.
Regards
C

If we are talking about Rivulus species then, be aware most are not very colourful and only a small number are stunning to look at. (which is why I posed the question). Rivulus are not that common and will usually come from a breeder whose water will be very soft, acidic and posses a very low pH, (from experience). I have some Rivulus punctatus, xiphidius, speciosus & frenatus available or will be available soon but it is too cold to post just now and would have to wait until the Spring.
Regards
C

I don't think they'd do well in my water then, hard and alkaline. Are there any South American species that would be able to thrive in these conditions?

Thank you,
AmazonFTW

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back