River Woodland 29g

AquaBarb

Aqua}^>holic
🏆 Tank of the Year 🏆
Reaction score
Planning to rescape my Son's 105ltr tank soon. Its just over a year old now and i feel it needs some extra love. Ive always looked after it as i should but its sort of in my Roma 200s shadow (Dads tank lol) when it comes to time spent doing it up (that and i was more of a novice back when i did the first scape for it)
20200414_105212.jpg

I changed the substrate from fine black gravel to play sand a good while ago. Although i did like the look of the gravel the sand looked more natural, easier to maintain and it was better for my panda cory.
20191128_184733.jpg

Its been added too with more plants, rocks and fish as its gone on but i still feel its not natural looking enough with the rock decoration in the middle. *BN plecos home*
20200414_114412.jpg

So ive ordered 3 nice pieces of driftwood and some new plants to have a rescape and hopefully at the end have another nice natural setup for our fish.
20200414_102851.jpg

Was hoping to do this over the easter break but the 2 smaller pieces only arrived this morning and im still waiting on some swords to come...

Ill post some pic's when ive done phase 1 :)

Really nice looking so far! I like the driftwood pieces. They will look good in the tank. Definitely keep us posted! :good:

I agree they are really cool

20200419_092801.jpg

Phase 1 of make over done...

Spent quite a few hours breaking down and re-scaping this tank yesterday. I do enjoy doing scaping and maintance to my tanks but i did start to get a bit frustrated in the end. I finished, turned the tank light on and took a step back to take the new scape in and didnt like it :no:.
So ive had to play around with the wood and try it in a few different postions and i think im finally getting somewhere. Not 100% done by all means and it will need some tweaking and wait for the new plants to grow etc but its a start.

Ive put a new slate corner cave in for my BN pleco and so far hes dug beds either side of it and uprooted my Rotala indica in protest (he loved hes old cave and wouldnt play ball at first in giving it up)

Good news is my Oto's have settled down to life quite nicely in this tank and love the new wood :wub:
20200419_092424.jpg

Attachments

• 20200419_093115.jpg
    20200419_093115.jpg
    854.1 KB · Views: 98
It looks GREAT. I love your Oto’s, they remind me of my Albino BNP. :wub:

20200419_092801.jpg

First layout.
20200425_141718.jpg

Second layout..

Wasnt feeling the first layout (felt there was something missing) So i purchased another piece of driftwood to help cover more of the left side of tank.

Quite like this as the woods higher up so cories have more floor space and the upper fish still have plenty of room to swim:fish:

Just got to see if its pleco proof now (hes a right sod):X

Cheers :good: I think it looks better now :)The left corner was just eating at me to do something with it. Managed to find a nice piece of driftwood to fill the void.

Hows your tanks coming along?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back