River Woodland 29g

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

They are a nice looking fish and a nice size too. I was looking at them a few months ago when I was thinking of changing over my 29 gallon to a soft water tank.

Pentazona barbs! :yahoo: One of my all-time favorite fish. I love their colors, their peacefulness, and the way they hide out just enough that you can see how their stripes are actually terrific camouflage in a natural environment. Plus they add some mystery to the tank: They aren't always hidden, but they aren't in your face either. Just sort of a mysterious presence in the bushes.

No idea how to tell male from female--I just bought about fifteen of them and didn't worry about it.

Had an amazing suprise tonight after id finished my tank maintance. I was just watching the fish and in the corner of my eye i saw a babie Panda cory :kana:

Awesome to see and they are so tiny. Did try and get some pictures but there is too much cover in the tank :)

Had an amazing suprise tonight after id finished my tank maintance. I was just watching the fish and in the corner of my eye i saw a babie Panda cory :kana:

Awesome to see and they are so tiny. Did try and get some pictures but there is too much cover in the tank :)
Baby cories all over the place right now! Amazing when it just happens in the tank without any help. Great stuff

I hope you are able to get a picture or two of the baby panda cory. I would like to see that. The only luck I have had with fry is my live bearers. I wish they would slow down my hard-water tanks are starting to get crowded.

Ill try and get some over the next few weeks ;)

Bad timing really because we go away tomorrow but they have managed to survive on their own so far without me knowing so fingers crossed they carry on :fish:

20201022_220636.jpg

Managed to get a quick pic before lights out. Just about bigger than the babie assassin snail next to him/her.

That is so cool. Are those panda cories? I always hoped mine would breed, but if they ever did, the angelfish took care of it.

That is so cool. Are those panda cories? I always hoped mine would breed, but if they ever did, the angelfish took care of it.
Yes they are Panda's. Did notice lately there as been more activity from them and my big female has had 2 males chaperones following her everywhere. Didnt expect babes tho :)

View attachment 121488
Little one chilling with the family :)
Love it. The fact that it's just happened naturally in the tank is awesome. Saved yourself £3-£5 there!
I did see a fry loose in mine a while back. I know I've got a breeder net with some in, but the one i spotted would've been from an egg that i didn't find. Signs of a happy healthy tank!

Love it. The fact that it's just happened naturally in the tank is awesome. Saved yourself £3-£5 there!
I did see a fry loose in mine a while back. I know I've got a breeder net with some in, but the one i spotted would've been from an egg that i didn't find. Signs of a happy healthy tank!
Cool..hopeful lots of babies for you then :)

Hopefully wont be a one off and it happens again. I might even look out for the next lot of eggs and try and help them hatch safely in a breeding net etc

Id love more but they are expensive around by me. £9.99 each or £25 for 3

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back