RIP betta...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Barry Tetra

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
My betta just died, I dont know the problem but the guppy grass tied the betta dead body.
Can guppy grass (or water sprite) tied a betta to death, I cannot forgive my self right now.
Tank is 3.5 Gals with overstock plants
Parameters;
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 2
@Deanasue @PheonixKingZ @TheTenthDoctor

Attachments

• D4047768-2895-466C-987E-85588CB7258A.jpeg
    D4047768-2895-466C-987E-85588CB7258A.jpeg
    507.4 KB · Views: 159
My betta just died, I dont know the problem but the guppy grass tied the betta dead body.
Can guppy grass (or water sprite) tied a betta to death, I cannot forgive my self right now.
Tank is 3.5 Gals with overstock plants
Parameters;
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 2
@Deanasue @PheonixKingZ @TheTenthDoctor

So sorry for the loss. In answer to your question, being tied down by the plants ans unable to free himself would be very stressful for the fish, and could lead to death, but it could also be the case that he became entangled post mortem.

How old was the fish?

These things happen. You weren't to know. Please be kind to yourself.

So sorry for the loss. In answer to your question, being tied down by the plants ans unable to free himself would be very stressful for the fish, and could lead to death, but it could also be the case that he became entangled post mortem.

How old was the fish?

These things happen. You weren't to know. Please be kind to yourself.
He is 3 years old, everytime the fish die I always blame myself for everything, I lost lots of fish... (and im an OCD person)

Last edited:
Plants don't attack or tie down fish. Fish die or are sick and get washed into the plants and it looks like they are tangled up in the plants.

If you still have ammonia in your well water, you need to sort that out because it won't be helping any of the fish.

Plants don't attack or tie down fish. Fish die or are sick and get washed into the plants and it looks like they are tangled up in the plants.

If you still have ammonia in your well water, you need to sort that out because it won't be helping any of the fish.
Ammonia is 0, we already sort that out, putting cycle bacteria in the well. Is it possible that he starve to death? I feed him 2 pellets every other day.

Last edited:
I’m sorry for your loss...

Are you saying you think the betta got tied up in the guppy grass and it got suffocated?

That is very unlikely that he got stuck there and died. Did he look bloated in any way? Were his eyes glazed over?
No, he look normal... its weird. Is it possible that betta choke food? Food is Tetra Bits

Is the picture you provided how you found him? Or was that an old picture?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back