Rio 125

MermaidMel

Official Forum Weirdo Detective
Joined
Jul 14, 2007
Messages
3,972
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Can anyone show me a pic of the lid?
I am looking at getting one and I'm told the external pipework goes 'through the existing holes' and no modification needed, but I am not convinced. Would be good to get some f/back or pics here please x
 
Can anyone show me a pic of the lid?
I am looking at getting one and I'm told the external pipework goes 'through the existing holes' and no modification needed, but I am not convinced. Would be good to get some f/back or pics here please x


No picture hun but the only filter i could get to fit snuggly was a TT ex600 and even that was a squeeze, the fluval pipework on various model fluvals wont fit unless u cut a little out of the juwel flaps. ive had the rio 125,180,240 and the 300 with the same problem :(.

maybe others have had different experiences?
 
Imo the design is a little flawed.

It does have 2 cutouts at either side but one is blocked up by the black juwel filter box (see pics below) so only one can be used for external filters.

See the black box is in the way?
DSC00398Medium.jpg


The available hole where you have to put the intake/outtake of the filter
DSC00397Medium.jpg


Hope this helps

Will
 
Well I would remove the juwel filter box so could intake one side and outtake the other side perhaps
The seller of the tank currently has a rena filstar xp1 with it, i am gonna ask him for pics of his set up too
 
My TT ex600 did have like this swivel part to the spray bar end and with a little monovering i did manage to get it to fit either end but as i said above it was a very snug fit TBH, but theres always the option of removing the internal if your planning on using the external ;), but even the fluval pipework made the lid lift a little but nothink major.
 
My rio 125 is fine with my eheim. You do have to do a little bit of angling if you wish to use the spray bar but I managed to get mine into position.

I had both my inlet and outlet on the spare side of the tank for 4 weeks while the eheim seeded from the internal then last week I removed the internal housing and moved the inlet to the otherside of the tank, much better now :good:

I havent had to modify the tank or lid in anyway and the flaps sit fully down flush to the lid

Andy
 

Most reactions

Back
Top