Ridiculous pet photos

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yes. He’s wearing it like a hat:lol:
I tried live worms with mine. It was gross washing a cut off section. It was a huge fishing bait worm.The severed part wiggled madly. So did the bigger part 🤮🤮🤮

They wouldn’t get near it & it escaped and disappeared into the sand. The previous owner fed them frozen bloodworms only for the 6 months or whatever she had the pair. They mainly eat pellets now.

I tried live worms with mine. It was gross washing a cut off section. It was a huge fishing bait worm.The severed part wiggled madly. So did the bigger part 🤮🤮🤮

They wouldn’t get near it & it escaped and disappeared into the sand. The previous owner fed them frozen bloodworms only for the 6 months or whatever she had the pair. They mainly eat pellets now.
Ohhhhhhh. Mine eat black worms and pellets. I am going to start a red wriggler culture soon. Pellets are definitely easier though for sure!

she’s very cute. axolotl( corrected my spelling)
are they expensive everywhere? i see they are about $100? also the pet trade has helped them from being endangered in their natural habitat. that’s a good thing :)

she’s very cute. axolotl( corrected my spelling)
are they expensive everywhere? i see they are about $100? also the pet trade has helped them from being endangered in their natural habitat. that’s a good thing :)
It depends what color morph and size you buy and where you get it. Mine are standard colors (Lucy and golden albino) and I bought them small (3 and 4 inches). Mine were $55-$85 each, but rare color morphs can be $300 or more.

I tried live worms with mine. It was gross washing a cut off section. It was a huge fishing bait worm. The severed part wiggled madly. So did the bigger part
Use smaller worms or breed smaller species of worm. There are literally hundreds of species of earth worm and some grow huge, and others are tiny. Find a species or strain that grows to about 1 inch long and then you don't have to chop them up for the Axos. :)

You can also feed Axolotls on raw or cooked prawn, bits of fish and other marine based meats (squid, mussel, etc). They also eat brineshrimp, mysis shrimp, daphnia, rotifers and anything that falls in the water. Try to feed them a variety of foods so they don't get hooked on one type and so they have a more balanced diet.

Here is Iti with her tail, she has never figured out that it belongs to her,
Picture 055.jpg

Ohhhhhhh. Mine eat black worms and pellets. I am going to start a red wriggler culture soon. Pellets are definitely easier though for sure!
I have a 5 pd bucket of pellets in the freezer. So far as I can determine, they are as nutritious as anything else. Moving food for man or beast disturbs me.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back