Rice Fish Eggs

rocknurworld2006

Fish Aficionado
Joined
Oct 4, 2007
Messages
3,384
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Aberdeen
Hi how long do rice fish eggs take to hatch cause some sources say 3days and some say weeks??
 
If we are talking about Oryzias latipes the it takes around 10-12 days
Regards
BigC
 
how often would u change the water in the tub with the eggs and how much do u do?

i've never bred any killifish/ricefish so I can't say, however
if it were my set up i'd probably be anal and change of 10%the water daily
 
I dont change water in the egg tubs and I dont like to use chemical fungicides either, such as Mytheylene Blue, Malachite green, Scheels solution or the likes. What I do advocate is to have a piece of airline attached to a gang-valve and bubble some air into the tub (only a trickle mind 2-3 bubbles a second).
Once the fry hatch transfer them to a similar tub with the same water quality as the fry tub and begin feeding BBS, fine powdered or liquid food. You will probably find that some eggs will secumb to fungus these should be removed with an eyedropper. (they probably were not fertile anyway) I would get a meat baster and change one half of the syringe full of water on a daily basis removing all uneaten food and detrius in the process. Gradually increase the water depth and add stronger air diffusion as you progress.
Regards
BigC
 
I dont change water in the egg tubs and I dont like to use chemical fungicides either, such as Mytheylene Blue, Malachite green, Scheels solution or the likes. What I do advocate is to have a piece of airline attached to a gang-valve and bubble some air into the tub (only a trickle mind 2-3 bubbles a second).
Once the fry hatch transfer them to a similar tub with the same water quality as the fry tub and begin feeding BBS, fine powdered or liquid food. You will probably find that some eggs will secumb to fungus these should be removed with an eyedropper. (they probably were not fertile anyway) I would get a meat baster and change one half of the syringe full of water on a daily basis removing all uneaten food and detrius in the process. Gradually increase the water depth and add stronger air diffusion as you progress.
Regards
BigC

thanks bigc!!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top