Rice fish egg bound?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Reaction score
So I have had some daisy blue rice fish For about a week or so now and they have started breeding the first clutch was fine but when they spawned again today the female laid around 2 but number 3 is only halfway out and has been like this for hours is this normal and if not anything I can do to help her?

I have Daisy's rice fish. They do breed in an unusual manner. The eggs are transparent when first laid and they stick to the female's vent until they get scraped off as she swims through decor (in my case, through the roots of water sprite floating on the surface.

When you say egg #3 is only half way out, is it just stuck to her vent?

When the tank lights turn on just before lunch I nearly always see at least one female with eggs attached to her vent.

I have Daisy's rice fish. They do breed in an unusual manner. The eggs are transparent when first laid and they stick to the female's vent until they get scraped off as she swims through decor (in my case, through the roots of water sprite floating on the surface.

When you say egg #3 is only half way out, is it just stuck to her vent?

When the tank lights turn on just before lunch I nearly always see at least one female with eggs attached to her vent.
It’s more like the actually stuck in the vent rather than on it

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry at the moment. See how she is tomorrow. If yours are anything like mine she'll lay more eggs tomorrow and that should push this one out. Other than wait and see there isn't much you can do to help her I'm afraid.

I wouldn't worry at the moment. See how she is tomorrow. If yours are anything like mine she'll lay more eggs tomorrow and that should push this one out. Other than wait and see there isn't much you can do to help her I'm afraid.
Oh ok hopefully all will be ok I’ll update you on any news

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back