Riccia

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Discomafia

mmm...
Reaction score
I was just wondering if it's necessary to have CO2 to ensure that riccia grows well? I read from tropica.com that it's demands are easy but plantgeeks.com say that it's hard to grow w/o CO2... I'm currently at 3wpg, which should be alright. I hope. What I'm looking for is some feedback from people who actually have this plant in their tanks. Also, I plan to use riccia as a carpet plant, so a better question is would I need CO2 to do that? I think tropica meant that if you want to use it as a floating plant, CO2 is not needed. I just read tropica a bit more and they mention that it needs CO2 as well :*). So is this thread a waste or.....

What I'm wondering is how in the heck you're running 3wpg without CO2?!?

Riccia grows like a weed under the right conditions. I've always grown it with CO2, so I'm not sure how well it will grow without it.

What size is your tank? If I were you, I'd just add CO2. I have plenty of riccia to spare, but I'm not sure about shipping to Canada. Is this difficult with live plants?

The thing is that the tank I have 3wpg on is just a 10 gallon. Just a pair of compact fluorescent bulbs. http://www.homedepot.ca/escalate/store/Det...1cbe:&pc=169811
Anyways, I was thinking of planting the riccia in that tank, instead of my other ones, as it looks kinda bare atm. I could hook up a DIY system if it was that important though, no big deal... Not sure about the shipping of live plants though. I'll try to find some info from other members in TTF about this who've experience in shipping plants overseas.

Cheers,

If the riccia is left floating, it may grow ok without CO2. If you plan to use it as a carpet, then I'd go with CO2. DIYCO2 isn't that difficult. I'll look into shipping the riccia to Canada (I'm in US). It shouldn't be that big of a problem, and I expect riccia will take the trip well. You can send me a message with your address if you'd like. Take care.

I forgot to mention in my PM, which part of the US are you from?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back