Return to fish keeping

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

MadAboutPlants

Reaction score
Hi all

Signed up to a few forums as hoping to get back into keeping tropical fish again after nearly a 20 year break!

Back then I was only a teenager with little to finance the hobby and the lacked the passion to make it successful - (I liked the idea and how it looked but didnā€™t put in effort to understand principles etc.)

Anyway, Iā€™ve recently had a real desire to set up again and this time do it better - the difference this time I have that much more of a genuine interest and bit more understanding how interesting are ecosystems and how they work ā€¦ (though still very much a novice!)

I am a qualified horticulturist by trade - so Iā€™m particularly interested in getting a nice plant set-up in the tank and will be looking for advice for that as this is something that I failed hard with last time (plants kept dying/rotting)

When I kept fish before I had a Rio 240L tank - it was a nice size and from my understanding it can be easier to maintain with larger water volumes.

Iā€™m now looking at tanks from 240L upwards - both new and used. I have a few questions regarding this so hoped youā€™d be able to advise where best to post these.

Thanks very much!

Alex

Hi Alex,
Welcome to our forum... :hi:
Yes, the larger the tank, the more stable the water parameters will be. Which means that the maintenance will be easier.

@MadAboutPlants
We have lots of knowledgeable and helpful members to answer any questions you may have.
Hope you enter a future Tank of the Month contest once your tank is established. Please VOTE in the present contest.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back