Rena Xp2 External Filter

fish.com1

Fishaholic
Joined
Jul 20, 2008
Messages
424
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Yorkshire
Hi all,

I am thinking of getting one of these for my 21 gallon planted tank. Can someone tell me it is a good filter? Positives and negatives? Also what diameter are the hoses?

Thanks.
 
Good filter IMO. Keep a spare seal in stock, as they are hard to get to. If you aren't on the ball with maintanance and loobing it, it will dry out and start seaping after a cleanout and need replacing. They can be damages when being removed for loobing also, if you are using a sharp tool to remove it :sad: Other wise a great filter.

If you are buying new, you will want to get some bioballs or bio-ceramics while you are at it. The Bio-chem Zorb things are basically branded Zeolite that you don't want to run. They prevent the filter from cycling..... Just a minor issue though...

The hoses are 16/22mm (16mm internal diameter, 22mm exturnal diameter)

All the best
Rabbut
 
I have two planted 29 gallon tanks that use only an XP1 on each. An XP2 is what I intend to put on my 55 gallon when I get fish for it. Meanwhile I have several Rena filters to borrow mature media from so I am not running my XP2 yet. You may find the current from the XP2 a bit strong for a 21 gallon tank.
 
Thanks guys for the info. I think I am going to go tetratec though. Anyone any thoughts on these?
 
Buy the Superfish canister. They are exactly the same as Aqua One, made in the same factory, only difference is the Superfish are about 2/3 the price :good:


I bought the Superfish AquaPro 1 SP (£35 delivered!) about a month ago for my bow front and it is superb :D
 

Most reactions

Back
Top