Reintroduction Of Wolves Into Oregon

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

LoachLover

Snails Beware
Reaction score
Click Here To Go To The Petition

A guy I know has just started a petition to push to get wolves back into Oregon, and I figured I'd help him push it as much as I can. More information can be found by clicking on that link. If you don't want this topic here you can just move it, I wasn't sure.

I signed, great link loachlover :thumbs:

Having lived in the Pacific Northwest for 13 years before I moved to FL, I have always been in awe of it's natural beauty. I think that the push to put wolves back in Oregon is valid. They were there before, so it's great they there is talk to let them back in. I signed. :)

Thanks guys, unfortunately I think I gave you the link to the test petition, the real link is up there now. Also, if you believe in the cause enough I'd suggest emailing your friends with the link, and then telling them to email it to their friends and so on. Might help get the word out about the subject at hand.

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to update you and let you know there are now 320 signatures.

Is having wolves in oregon a good thing, sounds kind of scary? ill sign it anyway :look:

I don't know why I didn't see this earlier. It's a great idea. I remember when I went to Olympia National Park and they talked about reintroducing wolves into the Northwest USA. All this time (over ten years) and it still hasn't happened yet.

Is having wolves in oregon a good thing, sounds kind of scary? ill sign it anyway :look:
It is a great thing; wolves are vitally important to the ecosystem and manage deer herds naturally by killing the sick, weak, and old. They are far more effective in herd management than human hunters because they leave the healthy in the herd instead of killing them (people seldom go for some scrawny, busted up deer; usually only the most impressive specimins are taken, which is counter-productive from an evolutionary standpoint). Having wolves around is also great for scavengers like birds and other canids since they tend to leave some scraps behind. All and all, they are fantastic for any ecosystem that can support them.
Also - no reason to be scared! Wolves are typically frightened of humans and pose little to no danger; there have not been any cases in the US of healthy, unthreatened wild wolves attacking people. You are much more likely to be attacked by your neighbor's dog. The only attacks on humans by healthy wolves have been by the ones people feel the need to keep a strong, un-domesticated, barely tameable wild animal as a pet.

Wolves really aren't dangerous to humans. Sure, once in a blue moon a person will get attacked, but you're more likely to be struck by lighting. All those tales of little red riding hood and the three little pigs is just a load of bull.

^ Less than once in a blue moon. The only wolves who have attacked people in the states in the last 100 years were the ones being kept captively!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back