KeddyPie
Fishaholic
I was looking at tanks at the petstore, and they now stock 40 US gallon longs.... I'm pretty sure the base of the tank is larger then the base of the average 55 US gallon. My question - Because it's longer and not very high, if you are stocking bottom dwellers, could you stock in in the same way as a 55 gallon? I know there are 2 main reasons for not overstocking - Water quality, and the need for added space for the fish. If I was, say, just going to put my Dojo loaches (rarely leave the bottom) and Bloodfin tetras (RARELY leave the top) in this 40 gallon, with tank filtration for a 55 gallon, wouldn't it tenchnically be the same as a 55 gallon in terms of roominesss and stocking levels? I know there are times when the one inch per gallon rule is no lnoger valid, and I think this may be one of those times... I imagine I could fit 3 or 4 Dojos in there ^___^
/www.all-glass.com/services/index.html
But I intend to ask for one for christmas/birthday (they are near the same date) and if I don't get one, but one with birthday/christmas/saved up money. ^^ My local fish store (who I like to buy from, 'cause I like supporting local buisness) does not stock 40 gallons with stands, so I will most likely be getting a 55 gallon either way... But I wanted to keep the 40 gallon in mind incase they start stocking them. I just really want to move my 2 Dojos out of their 20 US gallon ASAP, because I am concerned about stunting their growth (thought they seem plenty happy) and then add 2 more of them to the group, when the tank size permits






