Reduced Flow On Fluval 404.

Steve69

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Mar 8, 2009
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Wrexham
Hi, I`ve noticed recently that the flow from my Fluval 404 spray bar has significantly reduced. Even after cleaning it and checking the function of the impeller (which spins fine) I`d say the flow has roughly halved. The only other thing I can think is that the 2 pipes may have a restriction?? Would this be a possibility, because after all they just carry the water back and to, so how would they `block`? Any ideas, thanks :D
 
Hi Steve,

Yes the pipes (especially the intake pipe) can get clogged with detritus, algae etc, and they do need cleaned out occasionally.

That may very well be the problem.

Cheers :good:

BTT
 
It`s gonna be quite fiddly to remove them so as long as I know it`s worth it I`ll sort it this afternoon. Thanks for that pal :good:
 
Hi Steve,

Yes the pipes (especially the intake pipe) can get clogged with detritus, algae etc, and they do need cleaned out occasionally.

That may very well be the problem.

Cheers :good:

BTT

You were spot on. I cleaned both pipes and the flow is awesome now....many thanks :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top