Redoing An Established Tank.

snowflake311

Fish nerd
Joined
Mar 19, 2008
Messages
4,074
Reaction score
8
Points
38
Location
US
I have a 36gal bow front that's been set up for over a year. I want to redo it. I want to do different substrate so plants will grow better. I want to take out the fake decorations and add rock caves instead.

Only thing is where do I keep the fish when I do this? The switching of the substrate is going to be the only thing were the fish might need to come out.

How do you go about redoing your established tank?
 
Take them out

with the fish water

put them in bags in a bucket, with water, and a heater.

thats how i would treat the fishies :D
 
If your going to keep them out of the tan for a few hours, I would fill a large container with tank water, put filter in with the flow turned down, heater aswell, do what you've got to do, then put them back into the tank as if they were new fish, acclimatise them etc.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top