Redeyed Tetra problem

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jpmcca01

Reaction score
I have 5 redeyed tetras in my tank. One of them has gotten very plump looking and is starting to look unhealthly. It happened over a weeks time, so it cant be obese. It looks like a female so I had thought she was pregnant, but she hasnt layed any eggs and is overly fat looking. Been 2 weeks since it started and she seems healthly other than being really round. Just wondering if this could be a parasite of some sort or a disease. I dont want it to affect the rest of my tank.

PH: 7.1
Temp: 79
I do water changes once every 2 or 3 weeks, 25% and add Amquel detox at that time so amonia and nitrates are always low.
Thanks

I feed the fish Omega One Tropical Flakes mostly. They get bloodworms every now and then, but the clown loaches eat most of those. Clown loaches get sinking pellets usually. Need any other info?

has she becocme restless or not schooling with the other fish? is there any loss of color? does she look lumpy or just bloated?

She seems ok except for being so round. She eats normally and interacts with the rest of the school. She doesnt look luppy, just bloated looking.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back