Red Veiltail Betta

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

argoma

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I have a deep red veiltail male that i got from the local pet store , he was the only male left there and he was gorgeous.
He looked only plain red to me but once i got him inside the tank and exposed him to light i realised he wasnt just red , he has some colored "shimmer" in his fins. I dont have photos of him but i googled some and here you have for example.

2012_1_d48a45f9a6.jpg

In my betta changes from blue to purple and green sometimes.
Is there any name you give to this "shimmer" in his fins and scales ? It's so beautiful.

He is a dragon betta. He is also masked.

Dragon- Rich, strong base color with the scales on the main part of the body a pale iridescent

Masked- The face being the same color as the body instead of what it would be naturally which is darker

EllieJellyEllie said:

Dragon- Rich, strong base color with the scales on the main part of the body a pale iridescent

Masked- The face being the same color as the body instead of what it would be naturally which is darker

Oh thank you so much! I searched for dragon bettas and none of them looked like him so i decided to ask.

Oe of my male bettas is exactly the same way. They are soooo beautiful arent they?

EllieJellyEllie said:

Unfortunately that is wrong.  Dragon bettas look very different and have a thicker scaling which is what makes them look the way they do.  Almost all bettas have some sort of metallic shine which is normally a different color than the main color.

Wildbetta said:

Unfortunately that is wrong.  Dragon bettas look very different and have a thicker scaling which is what makes them look the way they do.  Almost all bettas have some sort of metallic shine which is normally a different color than the main color.

+1

I don't know the exact type Betta mine is but like you my "Solid red" purchase soon developed an electric blue vein pattern most noticeably through its finage!

CIMG1093.JPG

KirkyArcher said:
I don't know the exact type Betta mine is but like you my "Solid red" purchase soon developed an electric blue vein pattern most noticeably through its finage!

CIMG1093.JPG

Mine is just like that
Wildbetta said:

So there's no name for it ?

He just looks like a regular Red veiltail, Wilbetta said that all bettas have a metalic shine that is the case here most likley.

Well, whatever it is you can be sure its awful pretty. I love bettas

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back