Red tailed shark compatibility.

revengeishere

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi, i have a 75 g with 10 tiger barbs , 20 danios, one flying fox, one syno and a red tailed shark.

My question is, will the red tailed be aggresive to my other fishes? I read that they are compatible with barbs and that shud keep him in place. Im still kinda worried and is there any indication that he is an aggresive fish?

He doesnt harass any fish, just keeping them out of his territory(the syno lives there but the catfish is bigger so they share it). He seems to be peaceful and i know that as he gets older, he'll get more cranky. is this a good sign(not aggresive to other fishes, just busy scraping off algae, and chasing fish from territory from time to time)?

Its good you have him as a juvi, because if they grow up with the fish in the tank, that may curb his aggressivness. He will grow to about 8" so anything that can fit in his mouth he'll eat. I would just keep an eye on things. If he gets aggressive you may have to get rid of him or move him. All fish have different personalities so you may have a more timid redtail.

impur said:
Its good you have him as a juvi, because if they grow up with the fish in the tank, that may curb his aggressivness. He will grow to about 8" so anything that can fit in his mouth he'll eat. I would just keep an eye on things. If he gets aggressive you may have to get rid of him or move him. All fish have different personalities so you may have a more timid redtail.
Yes, Ill keep watching him/her(?). He doesnt bother the syno at all(the synos fins are all intact and full of glory) and they share the same resting area. Has anybody have experiance with a redtail before??

If there is a black stripe near the end of its tail then it is a male.

My shark does pretty well in my 40G. He has a little spot to hide out and he, the algae eater and the clown loaches love to chase each other on occassion. Nothing too agressive, just a bit of territory marking. Overall he's done surprisingly well (I moved him from another tank).

I say keep him until he should prove otherwise.

Devin

Hi revengeishere

I have never had a problem with RTB sharks before. Mine have always kept themselves to themselves.

As Impur said, all fish have different personalities. Hopefully you have got a nice one.

Most reactions

Back