Red Tail Shark

Siamese Fighting

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
153
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Warwickshire
Hello,

I noticed in the last few days that my red tail shark has a white tip on his dorsal fin. I went instantly to my breeder and asked if this was a natural colouring. I was advised that it is a sign of him being a mature fish.

I just wanted to clarify that this is the case, and not something more sinister.

Thanks,
Mark
 
Hello,

I noticed in the last few days that my red tail shark has a white tip on his dorsal fin. I went instantly to my breeder and asked if this was a natural colouring. I was advised that it is a sign of him being a mature fish.

I just wanted to clarify that this is the case, and not something more sinister.

Thanks,
Mark

Hmm, never heard that before, my first thought would be the start of fin rot caused by a bacterial infection. Get plenty of water changes done and he should be fine.
 
Hey, don't worry! Mine has had a white tip too, ever since I bought her (3 years ago).
I beleive it's just colouration! :good:
 
Oh I just clean the filter stones and sponge. It's amazing how much my fish excrete.

I hope it's nothing to worry about.
 
prod_143.jpg
 
You rinse the filter stones and sponge in dechlorinated water right? If you don't, you're most likely restarting your cycling process every time you clean the fiter media since chlorine kills beneficial bacteria which is vital to keeping your tank stable.
 
when i had mine it had a white tip on its dorsal as well think its just a sign of maturity
 
I have got 2 with me since 2002 and they both have it. Depending on their colour, the white spot on the dorsal can be pretty prominent and sometimes not be visible at all.

:)

Nim
 

Most reactions

Back
Top