Red Tail Black Shark Hybrid

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

It does have similar features to a flying fox, im waiting on the next picture to make a judgement though

I love it!
Do they do mail order?

Is it aggressive as the RTBS?
How's he settling in?
What other hybrids do they do?
Any clue on fertility?

It has shown no aggression at all, Seems to be quite active cleaning the occasional leaves, they mainly trade community fish, discus and koi. First time theyve had them in said he saw an adult one which was stunning. No idea, im sure he mentioned they were produced in a lab.

I'm with the OP on this being a hybrid RTBS. It looks like a flying fox from the shape, even the black band down the centre of the body looks like a flying fox. The fin shape is that of a flying fox for sure. I have a juvi RTBS and it looks quite different to this. To me it is clear that its hybrid RTBS, a flying fox with the colouration of a RTBS. Do the eyes not give it away, and the dark banding with red tail.

No brainer to me. Hybrid RTBS

Well I've emailed that shop you got them from, QSS.
No reply, been over a week.
Give them a kick for me next time you head down.

Always dealt with them in person or phone. They also had some rainbows crossed the same. Im sure they will get back to you in time!

I've been to my LFS today, and they also have these "Red tail X Flying Fox's" and they looked exactly like Gaz's.

James.

Looks like a hybrid to me going by the body/head shape alone. Would like to see more pictures.

Not a full body picture but its the best I could get to show the difference

imag0024ox.jpg

Just under the anubias

Looks like a hybrid...its very pretty :)

I agree. No doubt it's a hybrid. I have been googling info on RTBS because I will getting one for my 4ft tank once it's set-up and cycled. just getting a head start on info. I've seen pictures of juvi RTBS and they look a lot different. Different body and head shape, different fin shape and the black line sort of gives it away. RTBS don't have a black line that prominent.

Cheers,
Paradise<3!

m very interesting...... but it looks cool :D it is one a hind :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back