Red Tail Black Shark Hybrid

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gaz_S

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Found some more information about these today they are RTBS X Flying Fox! Decided to buy one and see the adult result. Not the best pic but a more noticible white tip which apparently stays, apparently the tempremant is better than a RTBS and the black line down the middle.

£3.95 so not really :good: Very small at the moment about an inch. There were some rainbows aswel same again but obv red fins.

Thats just a baby RTB shark, the white strip and tips fade as they age

Its not, if i had a decent camera you would be able to tell the difference.

can tell the difference by the black stripe near the tail

If i did have a good camera it would easily be noticed how different it is from the standard RT. Ill keep updating as it grows.

Sorry, but that is not a hybrid. Does look likes its a Juvie

I think it's not a normal RTB Shark.

The fins look a slightly different shape (especially the forward ones) and the colouration is much different.

Ben.

I can't decide lol :lol:
It does look like a young RTBS BUT it has some patterns similar to the Flying Fox, plus there is a black band in the tail which you don't find on RTBS/Rainbow Sharks.
Carl

If anyone is near bradford get to QSS surley people have heard of this shop it is well known and plenty of experience they wouldnt mislabel a fish lol.

I love it!
Do they do mail order?

Is it aggressive as the RTBS?
How's he settling in?
What other hybrids do they do?
Any clue on fertility?

Found some more information about these today they are RTBS X Flying Fox! Decided to buy one and see the adult result. Not the best pic but a more noticible white tip which apparently stays, apparently the tempremant is better than a RTBS and the black line down the middle.

nothing unusual here, just a white tipped RTBS. and, as some have said, a juvenile.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back