Red Fish :s

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

fitzyboy

Reaction score
some of my fish have got like red patches near their gills i was wondering if this was normal? im qorried :(

I also noticed yesterday that on one of my Spotted Cories the area around his gills are reddish on both sides. He is the only one like that out of four, and this is the first I've noticed it on him. Possibly the same thing youre talking about. He seems fine though, but still wondering what it is.

Need to no water stats in ammona,nitrite,nitrate,and ph, how many gallons or litres is the tank, full stock list of fish.
Any signs of flicking and rubbing against objects,any laboured breathing, red gills can be down to poor water quality or gill flukes.

i have a 10 gallon tank with 2 aquatic frogs 2 sword tails 2 guppies one pregnant and two tetras. some of the fish seem to be breathing rapidly i then did a 25% water change and then some of the fish were breathing normal.

With out water stats i can't say at this moment if it's poor water quality or gill flukes, do you have a test kit, also how long has the tank been set up, i would recommend a water change for now to see if that helps with there breathing, also increase aeration in the tank.

how can i get more air in the tank i have a test kit will do one later as doing coursework at the moment would it help if i out more plants in the tank?

I would do test now if they are heavy breathing as they will die.

Most reactions

Back