Record Keeping

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I have 3 tanks (one is a little 6 gal) - the other two 29 gallon. From day 1 I started writing down everything that happened and what I did to resolve it. So it will list the dates and all the water values that I took that day and what I did about it for example "changed water, added purify". I have Tanks labeled as A B and C (yeah how original, I know). And keep a separate record for each tank. It's become invaluable to me as a newbie since I can look back and see what I did in a similar situation. I think it's very important to keep records. Also - now I can answer a question on the forum with hard data rather than just guessing about what I did. Plus I swear (and I'm sorry to be not kidding) I am getting alzheimers because I really can't remember when I last fed them (I have one of those pill things for me - I take 39 MEDICATIONS - so it's no wonder I no memory left - I'm a walking commercial for the pharmaceutical companies.

I take 39 MEDICATIONS - so it's no wonder I no memory left - I'm a walking commercial for the pharmaceutical companies.
That's part of the reason you can't remember if you fed the fish :)

If it's any consolation, I can't remember what day it is or if I locked the front door. :)

Apparently exercise and music is meant to be good for helping slow the effects of alzheimers. And doing things to make you think, playing cards or music, building things with Lego and making models, learning something new, all help.

Most reactions

Back