Recommended Tang Tank Size?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Paradise3 said:

I had a gramma with a firefish in a 30g. Didnt have problem but i could have been lucky. And i agree with the above post dont put two firefish together unless you have a larger tank.

It can work, but with the Jawfish as well in the mix there's three fish that are similar shapes and all semi-aggressive towards similar shaped fish.
My fiance had a Seahorse set-up that had a Firefish(standard orange), two Orange Banded Pipefish and a Red Scooter Dragonet. This worked well, the Firefish was shy though and hid in the rocks with the first sign of movement so if you wanted to see him you had to sit very still.
The Red Scooter Dragonet was funny, always showing off to me lol. Hated me, when he saw me his fin went up and he attacked the glass XD

Wait how come I can't put 2 Fire Fish? I've seen people own 2 fire fish all the time, and many recommend owning 2. Is it because it's a pair? (Male/Female?) Anywho I won't be adding the Firefish, but I want to know will my Gramma Basslet and Clowns attack my poor little Jawfish? Because the Jawfish looks nothing like a basslet and it mainly stays near its' cave building/decorating. Also about the Flame Angel I hope you know I'm talking about Dwarf Angels not big BIG Angels. I've been doing research about the Dwarf Flame Angelfish and most people said it was perfectly fine to own it in a BioCube, as long as you have rocks "Which I will have". So yeah, the Firefish are out of the picture but the Flame Dwarf Angelfish is still being questioned.

kuzyaburst said:

I had a gramma with a firefish in a 30g. Didnt have problem but i could have been lucky. And i agree with the above post dont put two firefish together unless you have a larger tank.

It can work, but with the Jawfish as well in the mix there's three fish that are similar shapes and all semi-aggressive towards similar shaped fish.
My fiance had a Seahorse set-up that had a Firefish(standard orange), two Orange Banded Pipefish and a Red Scooter Dragonet. This worked well, the Firefish was shy though and hid in the rocks with the first sign of movement so if you wanted to see him you had to sit very still.
The Red Scooter Dragonet was funny, always showing off to me lol. Hated me, when he saw me his fin went up and he attacked the glass XD

Wait how come I can't put 2 Fire Fish? I've seen people own 2 fire fish all the time, and many recommend owning 2. Is it because it's a pair? (Male/Female?) Anywho I won't be adding the Firefish, but I want to know will my Gramma Basslet and Clowns attack my poor little Jawfish? Because the Jawfish looks nothing like a basslet and it mainly stays near its' cave building/decorating. Also about the Flame Angel I hope you know I'm talking about Dwarf Angels not big BIG Angels. I've been doing research about the Dwarf Flame Angelfish and most people said it was perfectly fine to own it in a BioCube, as long as you have rocks "Which I will have". So yeah, the Firefish are out of the picture but the Flame Dwarf Angelfish is still being questioned.

Flame Angel recommended minimum tank size - 70 gallons.
They may only get to 4 inch but they are active and semi-aggressive.
Not only that, they need algae to pick at as well as stable parameters. Both of which are easier to maintain in larger tanks. A 55 can be used for a single specimen but the bigger the better. If they don't have the correct nutrients in their diet they will also pick at soft and stony corals. They don't ship well and need quarantining for definite before being added to the main tank.

2 Firefish will fight, I've seen the outcome of that and it's not nice. One had it's dorsal fin ripped off, the big long one that is.
The clowns usually fight between themselves, female being the dominant and more aggressive so your Jawfish should be OK.

The Royal Gramma may be OK just keep am eye on it. They can be pretty feisty.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back