Really Bad Move On My Part.

So I was doing a water change on my 55 gal tank. I was having problems because I sucked up a bit of plants leaves and they clogged the hose. So I fixed that but the end in the bucket in the tub. started the syphon back up and then heard a clunk. I though the hose end must have fallen out of the bucket and into the tube. No big deal so I took out another 15% of the water.

My husband goes in the hall to our daughters room and notices water everywhere. Turns out I was emptying my tank all over the bathroom floor. It is awful we are still drying it out. Fish water everywhere. It leaked to the down stairs too. This was the biggest disaster I have had with my tank. I feel so stupid I should have checked on the clunck sound when I head it.

The hall ways smells of fish water. But the tank is clean.

Anyone ever pull something like this before?
After weeks of fishless cycling, my son Oliver's tank broke and started dumping 28G of water on the floor of his bedroom. The whole family had to work on the cleanup but there was no lasting damage to the house. Eventually I decided one good thing that came out of it was to remind us that it can really happen, that fish tanks can mean lots of water loose in the house. Now, when I work with the python hose, I always take the time to make one extra check at each hose end to be sure everything is assured of being where its supposed to be prior to any water flowing.

~~waterdrop~~
 
Yup always check to mAke sure water is going where it should be. The rug is dry we pulled must of it up so it would dry. The hall way could use a New rug.
I'm so happy it is summer time so the windows could be open to help dry it and help with the smell.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top