Re-stocking By Tank After Heater Broke And Fish Got Fried

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

tamara

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Well I came home to a broken heater and 20+fried guppies.
And now i've got about 15 guppy fry left in a 20 gallon tank.
I don't really want guppies anymore
[except i'll see if the fry do survive--i'm surprised they didn't fry too]
Anyways, i definetly want 5ish cories, i do like angel fish ...but my tank is only i think it was 18 inches tall
i also like bettas, so maybe a sorority of 7 or 8 females?
Hmm what should i do?
By the way, i do not like really cichlids, or any big dark ugly fishies [no offense]
Not really a fan of tetras much either, i've had a pleco in the past, so i want something new!
Give me some ideas? :) thanks all!

Some sort of barbs? Pick something that will suit your size tank and that is peaceful.

As I put in the other thread. I woulnd't add a single fish. You were way overstocked before, and are still well overstocked. Get a bigger tank before you get more fish please. :/

15 fry.... in a 20 gallon tank...i do not really see how that is overstocked.
But also when they're older, yes it definetly will be overstocked.
But by the end of the month they're all going to my friend.
We established a deal about 30 secondes ago. She's going to take most if not all of them

ANd thats how your supposed to stock a tank... You go by adult size. If you stock a taNk by current size only, with no future insight, then your logic would say it's alright to have about 15 small arrowana in a 30 gallon tank. ALways stock based on adult size.

Yes i do know that, i am not a beginner, but i am also giving my guppy fry away at the end of the month... so in a week max, they'll be gone!

Have you done a planted tank before? I have always liked the look of female betta tank with lots of plants. Dwarf puffers, would also be a good option, you could fit 4 or so in a 20 gal they have lots of personality but I would not put anything in with them. Good luck with whatever you do, be sure you don't crash your cycle by adding too many fish at once or waiting too long to add them.

LCM

I'm going to make sure it doesn't creat anymore cycles, they're a pain in the butt!
I don't know if i could handle a planted tank, mine is quite full of plants though, and only one actually looks fake [i'm planning on taking it out]

Dwarf puffers, that sounds interesting, i've never heard of them actually!
I'm going to look those up

This site filters some URLs, PM it or try putting it up with no link code so it can be cut and pasted, although that may be against the rules.

EDIT> Spelling again, must be bed time.

Dwarf puffers sound nice. There;s a profile written about them in the fish profiles section. I believe they're in 'oddballs' but haven't checked it out in a while so I'm not too sure.

Get a butterfly fish, he will get rid of your guppy problem :lol: , in all seriousness i would go with cherry barbs or something of similar size.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back