Re-scaped My Tank, Think It Looks Sweet

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

thank you guys, i never knew the fish liked bubbles so much lol

jake

as for aggresion. my tank is a very peacceful tank. i never see any aggression at all. no chasing no lip locking nothing, but as you say i will monitor it.

cheers jake

All of your fish are still very young, I forsee many issues with aggression in the near future as Mark7616 has already said.

but as far as the aquascaping of your system.... :wub: I LOVE IT!!!! I cant wait to see all the rock with algae on it for the Mbuna to nibble. It will glisten!!! great job!! :hooray:

lol... when u were in the tank(not literally) it was a whole new world.. u came out of it and a different world.. LOL.. very neat...

yeah most of them are still young, i plan on thinning them out in the future as they get bigger i will wait to see which fish are my favorites and which are little buggers.

dont forget though now of these are wild fish, there f1 or down. so you never know what will happen,

well here are a few pics from lastnight and the tank but first, my little horro story with a twist,

when i went to pick up the tanks, the lfs lad said they never dropped off the lids, i said id take the tank and pick the lids up at a later date, so i built all my shelving places the tanks and got them running, put the lombardi and lab in from the tank, also put some ocean rock in with the lombardi as she spat, then i lay in wait for the other holding lab, finally caught her at about 11 lol, so in she went too.
came down this morning and i had a fish missing, i was gutted, so onto my hands and knee's, she'd jumped down the bakc and was sort of stuck to the wall, :(

i gently lifted her up by the tail and her mouth was open, i tried to look in for any babie but dint see anything, so i dipped her head in the water and flapped her gills to see if any babies mint pop onu, then splash, i crap my pants and she springs into life again. she had a few paniked seconds while she regained herself. but she seems ok now, and looks as if she is still holding-amazingly, needless to say i have made some tempory covers for them now.

just glad she's ok

here's the pics:

DSC02081.jpg

DSC02080.jpg

sept1.jpg

sept2.jpg

sept3.jpg

sept4.jpg

sept5.jpg

sept6.jpg

sept8.jpg

sept7.jpg

sept9.jpg

sept10.jpg

sept11.jpg

sept12.jpg

sept13.jpg

sept14.jpg

sept15.jpg

sept16.jpg

sept17.jpg

tankshotsept.jpg

i have added a few plants that are real none have been nipped at yet, but we'l see what happens, i will keep an eye on them to see if they cause any blooms or rot lol

jake

tank tooks amazing mate. where did you get the backround from as i have been looking for something like that for ages and never really had much luck.

where did u get that background from it look faqntastic and i want 1!!! :drool:

Looking wonder Jake, everyone is growing and coloring up nicely. How's everyone getting along?

Glad to hear your female made it, she must have jumped shortly before you found her. Would have scared the crap out of me. :crazy:

thanks guys, the tanks coming along nicely, i checked all my stats at weekend, everything was bang on, the only aggression i got was a mini breeding frenzy with my fish, the two kingsiezi were fighting for dominance lol

the back ground-is made from filter material, so acts as a biological filter when settled in, the filter is from gordon riggs in rochdale lancs, and i was there the other day and they had one in stock for those in lancs lol

jake

As everyone has said before the tanks looks awsome, some people can have a vision and just replicate it, others like me cant do it for peanuts lol, and keep changing it.

quality dude :good:

chish

As everyone has said before the tanks looks awsome, some people can have a vision and just replicate it, others like me cant do it for peanuts lol, and keep changing it.

quality dude :good:

chish

thank you very much, i added the plants to gove a bit of something to the tank, but the jave has been eaten a bit, haha i have kept an eye on phoshates, there under 5ppm, just to keep the algea in check, i dont really give the plants enough light, at only 6 hrs a day with one 35w tube, its only getting a lowly 0.7wpg so i may in the end get artificial silk plants, but i'll see how it goes, i went to chester zoo a week back and they have some lovely tanks, esp there discus setup. here are a few of them:

DSC01935.jpg

DSC01934.jpg

DSC01933.jpg

DSC01932.jpg

DSC01936.jpg

i loved my planted tank, i really did-but it was so labour intensive with the co2 injection lol i ended up cutting plants down every week lol

thins was my old set-up:

DSC01312a.jpg

jake

cool I wish there were aquariums and things like that up here, closest one is deep sea world about 2 hrs away. look at all the cichlids in that tank.

your old tank looks mint as well, you obviously got the knack.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back