Re-Arranging tank?

bunjiweb

mmmmmmmarines
Reaction score
I want to re-arrange my 50G tank so that the rocks take up about half of the tank piled at one end to make a cave system, then some really small grass type plants, then all the tall plants at one end.
All my plants are fake and the only rock is large pieces of slate.

Do you think I would be able to re-arrange WITH fish in the tank or would it be better to take them out whilst I do it?

Ben

I find it easier to re-arrange while the fish are out of the tank so you don't have to worry about accidently setting a rock on them or anything. However, I think it's less stressful if they stay in the tank rather than moving to a seperate bucket or where ever you put them. So, I don't know which is best, there's good and bad to both
:dunno:

But I wouldnt want to put them all in a bucket etc. then put them all back in :S... I wonder If I could corden them into one corner of the tank....

Ben

Is there a corner of the tank you wont touch much in the re-furb? Its an idea. What would you do it with?

I could get some plastic mesh which like the stuff I originally used to divide my 5G betta tank.

Ben

I usually just leave all of the fish in the tank when I am moving stuff around....have never had a problem with it at all. :)

Good luck and hope to see pictures soon! :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back