Rc Cars

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

fearce

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Any one into these nitro powered RC cars? Im looking into getting one of these, seen a few on ebay,

any thoughts?

ive got a new schmacher havoc from halfords, and im just running it in at the mo and it looks impressive

Yup, that sounds right, so which ones better, and how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

what do you intend to do with it?

If it involves any big jumping (and it will) - I say savage (but I would - I've had 3!)

If its for dirt tracks and small jumps, Ive got a hyper7 (with a .28 engine)

I was into it for a while and the thing that gets old fast is how much you have to tinker on them and you are ALWAYS buying something... It's like a fish tank, but more expensive. It was fun for me for about a year then I was like okay... enough... I'd rather drive a real car.

they are a constant drain on your wallet (ie fuel, hopups, tyres, etc) but hey if you like them it wouldnt matter,

but if you buy brand new you have to run it in which is a boring task.
i have a hpi dvd which shows you how if your intrested?

also once its finely tuned, due to the havoc being 2wd with a 4.5cc engine with all that power going to the wheel it can wheelie

Working on them is half the fun :)

start looking on for sale sections on forums and buy 2nd hand... Be careful what you are buying though - check the post counts of the seller ect - most sites use a reputatuion system so you cna check the seller isnt going to sell you a dud.

I use www.gotnitro.co.uk.

I guess I didn't honestly like them then. I just didn't like the community of people (hope not to offend anyone, but the general Nitro nut is either A. A single, overweight, balding male or B. A nerdy teenager.) Real cars kind of took my interest and I learned that girls tend to like something they can ride in; not a toy :lol:

Most reactions

Back