Ram Rubbing Up Against Things, Why?

Aquatic_Az

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Jan 2, 2009
Messages
151
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Weedon, Northamptonshire
Well the past couple days ive noticed every now and again my bigger fatter ram rubbing itself up against things in the tank, it doesnt really do it much thats why I havent been that concerned, but every now and again itll come out from guarding its bubble stream and swim about abit and then rub up against things a couple times and go back to normal guarding its bubbles. The other smaller slimmer ram doesnt do it whatsoever this is why im confused.

My sister has also said she's observed it rubbing itself against other fish during the day every now and again.

It has no marks on it at all that I can see, no lumps bumps or other things, I thought it could be some sort of parasite irritation or something but I cant see anything, the only thing its got is some red pigments on its nose although the other ram has it aswell, so im 95% sure thats just their normal colourings.

I also just done a water test to see what the water stats were like and they are:

PH - 7.6
Ammonia - 0 ppm
Nitrite - 0 ppm
Nitrate - 20 ppm

Last water change was on wednesday.

So anyone got any ideas or is it just something it does?

EDIT:

Just looked at pictures of adult rams and they do have a red nose anyway so the red on mine is just normal colouring then :)
 
mine do it too.i think it's a cichlid thing because my kribs do it as well.
 
definately.i've had my kribs for 2 years and rams for about a year and i'm always entertained by them. :D
 

Most reactions

Back
Top