Rainbow Snakehead

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Far2lively

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a snake head and I've been keeping him or her at around 24degrees as I have other fish in the tank that require a higher temp, he or she has been in there for around 2months and seems fine, but I have seen a few posts saying that the ideal temp to keep them at is 18degrees, I have researched it online aswell and it says they should be kept at around 20 - 28 degrees I'm really confused!!! Help anyone??

if you give us a pic of the snakehead we can check exactly which one it is as the common names used are often not accurate. Rainbow should mean an Bleheri or Assam but could be a pulchra etc

Rainbows are advised to keep around 18-24c id pick a number in between, say 21c

This makes for good reading, hoping it is allowed, however, what are you keeping it with? channa are best kept in a species tank, densley planted with good cover for example floating plants, people have a image of channa as tough fish, however they do not come into there own in community enviorments, usually hiding away and feeling intimidated, great escape artists so beware to block small gaps etc, Rainbows being Great escape artists
http://thesnakeheadforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=325

There's a picture of the tank in the pic section of the forum, and a list of fish in the tank atm on my profile, its a Channa Bleheri btw the tanks has a few plants already and there are a couple hiding spaces for him, more plants will be added next weekend and I was thinkin of buying some sort of cave for him to hide in?? If that's a good idea. Thanks

There's a picture of the tank in the pic section of the forum, and a list of fish in the tank atm on my profile, its a Channa Bleheri btw the tanks has a few plants already and there are a couple hiding spaces for him, more plants will be added next weekend and I was thinkin of buying some sort of cave for him to hide in?? If that's a good idea. Thanks

Bleheri need to be kept 18-19c most of the year ands no more than 22c. For the summer months.
They are a sub-tropical species.

Most reactions

Back