Rabbit snails

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Elephant nose 4

Fish Crazy
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Hi I have rabbit snails and looking for homes for them as I have loads!
It will have to be collection only
Scotland
20210324_143614.jpg

I rehomed a couple rabbit snails to a snail enthusiast on a Scottish fishkeeping Band group, after realizing my Glasgow water was far too soft for them. Might get more luck locally there.

@WhistlingBadger, I always take my American friends on my Lanarkshire Council Estates tour. Gives a more balanced view of the place.;)
A lot of my countrymen do have a romanticized view of Scotland. The beggars in downtown Glasgow will quickly get someone over any illusions they might have, too. But I love Stirling, and pretty much anywhere outside the cities is beautiful, once you get over the weather and the midges, and come to terms with Irn Bru.

If you think Glasgow city centre is rough, you should see some of the places outside of the city.

Stirling is nice. But to be honest, Wyoming (or most places in the West) has much more exciting countryside than the Central Belt. I agree that midges make you regret all your life choices, the weather is....wet, but Irn Bru used to be an excellent hangover drink until they replaced half the sugar with aspartame.

@Gypsum Thanks for the info, I'm further South, at the moment with covid I'm restricted to my own town sadly, hopefully we'll get to move about more soon. Just needing homes for them they're always breeding lol my tank is getting rather full!

If you think Glasgow city centre is rough, you should see some of the places outside of the city.

Stirling is nice. But to be honest, Wyoming (or most places in the West) has much more exciting countryside than the Central Belt. I agree that midges make you regret all your life choices, the weather is....wet, but Irn Bru used to be an excellent hangover drink until they replaced half the sugar with aspartame.
Three years ago we toured Scotland at the height of the Midge season. I was eaten alive! People on our caravan site loved me because I kept the midges away from everyone else - honestly, no-one could believe how much I got bitten. Random strangers were offering me midge repellent, they felt so sorry for me. Every damn nip left me with a festering itchy sore, too.

This is the first time anything like this has ever happened to me. i used to be one of those smug buggers who rarely got bitten, and as everyone else was being chased by wasps, horseflies etc, I remained complacently unscathed. No longer - something in my blood seems to have changed and I am "plat du jour" as far as small, nasty, bitey things are concerned.

My husband kept saying "Oh, we'll move somewhere else and that'll be it", but they followed me (or sent word ahead to their families that I was on my way).

It was a month of unremitting misery . . . :(:(:(:(:(

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back