Quick Question

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

weejen

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i am setting up a new shrimp tank this weekend. cloning filter from one of my other tanks. but my question is this. i want to set the tank up next to my sofa but there is no power suply there and i was wondering if its safe to plug an extension cable into another extension cable to run the tank off?

Thats what my coldwater tank is doing right now ;) I've had no problems, I got the filter, heater and lights plugges into it, that extension then goes into another one which has computer and what plugges into it, then into the wall.

Should be fine, i don't do it as i have never had to.

extension to extension should be fine (you are just basically extending the cable) it's when you start plugging in 4-way plugs to other multi plugs that you can make things dodgy!

I've got a similar problem to this.

However I have 2 4-way extension leads.

If I make sure that I only use the 4 sockets on the second lead for my appliances (filter, heater etc.) and only use the one socket of the first lead to plug in the second lead, can I plug the second extension into the first?

As far as I can see, as long as the total number of appliances ovr both leads doesn't exceed 4 then I should be ok. Is this correct?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back