Quick Question

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

akudewan

Fishaholic
Reaction score
My mom got fresh prawns a few weeks ago, and we stored them in the freezer. Yesterday, we cooked and ate them. (yum) :drool:

I have a couple of them left, I was wondering if I could defrost them and feed them to the fishies ?? (they're uncooked ofcourse)

Yes you could, but defrost them first and if they're for the fish in your sig, chop them up.

Hi akudewan :)

If they are strictly fresh frozen while they are raw, they will be fine to feed your fish. But, I've bought some frozen, ready-to-eat ones that tasted like they were cooked with a lot of salt in the water. If yours are like that, it would be better not to give it to them. :D

OK, I'll chop them to mouth-sized pieces, thanks.

If they are strictly fresh frozen while they are raw, they will be fine to feed your fish.

These didn't come in a tin, they came in the fisherwoman's basket :) (talk about fresh)

Make sure you peel the shell off them first!!

Pretty much indigestable for most smaller tropicals.

steve

These didn't come in a tin, they came in the fisherwoman's basket :) (talk about fresh)

In that case, they would be excellent food for your fish, either raw or boiled or steamed. :D

You're lucky to be able to get them so fresh. Seafood is just one of those things that doesn't improve with age. ;)

:lol: Lobsters are quite rare in the market here, but my mom makes some really great prawn, and even crab..So come over, this Sunday maybe? ;)

I feed my morays defrosted prawns, they are very nutritious and can be fed as a sole diet for a very long time. THey take a while to digest though.

Most reactions

Back