Questions

xamdarb

Fish Crazy
Joined
Aug 19, 2005
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
n.s
so tomorrow i have an interview for a much needed job and i will finally have some money rooling in again. the question is.........what is a decent filter for a 35-40 gallon tank that is cheap but works well
 
Aquaclear. An Aquaclear 200 should do you very nicely. You can get them on Ebay cheaply (N.S. = nova scotia? Or n. sussex?) here in Canada... I assume overseas too. $20 or less.

It's the best filter I've had in my tanks.
 
n.s. Nova Scotia
i can spend a bit more than 20 if i can get something different.
whats the point of a bio wheel?
or a internal filter vs. external?
and i will be able to spend up to 70 can thanks alot
 
n.s. Nova Scotia
i can spend a bit more than 20 if i can get something different.
whats the point of a bio wheel?
or a internal filter vs. external?
and i will be able to spend up to 70 can thanks alot

LOL!!! $70!?? That's certainly not a CHEAP filter!! :lol: Eegads. You shouldn't need to spend that much. Save the extra for a really good test kit. It will be a lot more valuable to you!

I have a bio-wheel. It cycles the tank well. Read up on the pinned article in the hardware forum. Explains it better than I ever could. I don't like mine, but that's my .02. I find it doesn't do as great of a job (as far as physical cleaning/ clearing goes). Bacterially, I'm sure it's doing great!! I may replace it with an Aquaclear soon, actually.

I like the external... overhangs. JMO. Loads of people love their canisters too. I don't know much about internals... someone else can help with that one.

Aquaclear will run you about $40 + some extra media to buy brand new at Petsmart.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top