Questions On Rainbow Sharks

zuulan

Fishaholic
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
492
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
GB
Sorry to post this here, but I did post it at Cyprinids, Characins and Atherinids but no-one answered :angry:


2 Questions on Rainbow sharks!

- Are they the same thing as Red Finned Black Sharks? I thought these were 2 different species but my LFS said they are the same.
- How do you sex them?
 
Sorry to post this here, but I did post it at Cyprinids, Characins and Atherinids but no-one answered :angry:


2 Questions on Rainbow sharks!

- Are they the same thing as Red Finned Black Sharks? I thought these were 2 different species but my LFS said they are the same.
- How do you sex them?

1. Yes
2. Its almost impossible to determine the sex.
 
so do you have a greyish shark where all its fins are red? red finned shark?

if so... the males have black stripes on there red anal fin

hope this helps
 
so do you have a greyish shark where all its fins are red? red finned shark?

if so... the males have black stripes on there red anal fin

hope this helps


It's a rainbow shark. Greyish body with red fins and a black spot on either side of its body near it's tail fin.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top