Questions About Beneficial Bacteria

LucaBrasi

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Apr 18, 2009
Messages
151
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
U.S. New Jersey
so whoever has read my past posts, i changed my filter and now the water is cloudy

since i put in a new filter mesh and carbon, i have come up with a few ideas...

1.) i put my old filter mesh with all my bacteria in with the new mesh for a few minutes.. do you think my old bacteria rubbed off and stuck to the new mesh? transfered?

2.) i put some small round flat stones in my filter and along the exit spout, do you think my bacteria will grow on them? or transfer to them?

3.) i also put darck colored small stones on the bottom of my tank with the gravel, to contrast with the light colors i have, do you think any bacteria will get to them?/

note, i have boiled the small stones beofre i put them in the tank, they were from my bamboo plant and they kinda smelled, so i took some out and boiled them, planning on adding alot more, will this work?

thanks for the help :good:
 
I do not know of your recent posts, but I can tell you that clowdy water is an amonia spike. If you changed your filter you should of had the old one running and put the new one next to it so it can collect Bacteria much quicker. There is no way of doing things faster, but I have learned by rinsing out your new filter, sponge, carbon, bio rocks and placing it next to your old filter, you will not get a big amonia spike. I have done this myself and did not have any problems. Usually I will run it for 2 months before putting it into a new tank. If you have cloudy water I would leave it be and let it clear up on its own. Hope this helps.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top