Questiong About New 55 Gallon Tank

Bigd5482

Fish Fanatic
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
147
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Ok so my 29 gallon tank sprung a leak and I found a really good deal with a 55 gallon tank plus stand, canister filter, heaters whole nine yards plus fish. Well wasn't really big on getting fish but going from a 29 gal to a 55 gal I know I can add more fish in.

Any case my question the guy has at least one clown loach (maybe more) but not sure will they work in a 55 gallon tank being that they get 12", I know normally smaller but still there is that chance, I don't think it will work but want experts opinions? He also has tetras in there and I"m thinking other fish that I will probably have to rehome some. Thankfully my LFS I deal with always takes fish so I'm not worried about re homing any that need it.

Current stock in my 29 gal that will be going into the 55 gal :

Pair of Kribs
5 guppy's
4 Peppered cory's
1 rubbernose pleco
7 Harelquin rasboras

Don't know if clown loaches if they are even able to go in a 55 gal tank can coexist with the pleco and cory's or not. I will be posting what fish this tank is coming with to get opinions on if they can stay in the tank or need to be given to LFS. Thanks everyone and for the advice that has been given up to this point has really helped me in getting back into the hobby again.
 
Agreed the clown loaches will be to big eventually but if they needed to go in the tank for a while they should be fine with the cory's and I'm fairly certain the plec would be fine as well - but the tetras should be okay in there what type are they? Also in the bigger tank maybe top up the cory's to 6?
 
I plan on adding 2 or 3 more cory's to the tank. I think depending on the size of the clown loaches I'll keep them in there for a little bit then give them to my LFS. I'm not sure what kind of tetras they are yet not even sure if the guy knows what they are will find out in about an hour. Will post some more info then depending on what they are.
 
Ok so got new tank set up will be posting a pic later of what I had and what I got now but it is a 55 gal tank. Current stock total now is :

5 guppy's and 1 teen guppy only 3/4 inch long
pair of kribs
5 black widow tetras
2 4" clown loaches ( these I know will need to be rehomed at one point)
6 " pleco (again this will be another that will be need to be rehomed I think)
2 1/2 " rubbernose pleco
7 harlequin rasboras
4 peppered cory's (will be increasing to 6 within next few days)

Is the tank overstocked currently? I know that the clown loaches and pleco will end up getting too big for a 55 gal tank at least I believe they will with what I currently have. Any input greatly appreciated.
 
Picture of new 55 gal tank

p6220111.jpg



House inside the tank, bubbles come out of the chimney and the water wheel spins :P the pair of kribs have claimed this as their house they chill on the porch or are inside looking out the door or window :P

p6220112.jpg
 

Most reactions

Back
Top