Question About The Stock For My 20 Gallion And Weekly Maintance.

Trax416

New Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2008
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I plan to stock my 20 gallon with

6 Cardinal Tetra
3 otocinclus
2 Bolivian Rams
1 Apple Snail.

I was wondering what type of maintenance should I do weekly. What I mean by that is what percentage of water should I change per week. Also, should I even do weekly maintenance or do it once every two weeks? Also, when should I rinse out my filter media (getting a bio wheel)

I know it all depends on the stock you have, so I was hoping some pro's had a few answers for me.

Thanks.
 
I plan to stock my 20 gallon with

6 Cardinal Tetra
3 otocinclus
2 Bolivian Rams
1 Apple Snail.

I was wondering what type of maintenance should I do weekly. What I mean by that is what percentage of water should I change per week. Also, should I even do weekly maintenance or do it once every two weeks? Also, when should I rinse out my filter media (getting a bio wheel)

I know it all depends on the stock you have, so I was hoping some pro's had a few answers for me.

Thanks.

you are best to do weekly water changes of 10-20%
but you can do 2 weekly water changes of 20-30%

but no longer than this as long as you keep on top of your parameters then you shouldnt have a problem

you rinse out filter media about once a month(no less!)
and only do half of it. :good:
 
I believe for the bio wheel, you supposedly dont ever have to rinse it out. It doesn't hurt to give the filter media a rinse though.

Stocking seems fine, you just cant add them all at once for sure.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top