Question about Gourami Centerpiece 10 Gallon Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Noidstradamus

Reaction score
Hello,

I currently have a 10g tank that I am in the process of planting with some easy plants (Java Ferns, Java Moss, Anubias, etc.) I would eventually like to introduce a fish as a centerpiece with some nano shoaling fish to compliment. I currently have 4 Otocinclus Catfish. What does everyone think about introducing a Honey Dwarf Gourami and 6 Chili Rosbaras? Is my tank too small for this? Should I opt for a Sparkling Gourami instead bc of it's smaller size? Or am I totally out in left field? Any advice would be awesome. I am still pretty new to fish keeping.

In my opinion, 10 gallons is too small for honey gouramis - but perfect for chili rasboras provided you have soft water. If you have hard water, a group of male only endlers.
You might be OK with sparkling gouramis, but with only the otos. From things other members have said, these gouramis may be small but their are quite feisty.

If this was my tank, I'd get at least a dozen chili rasboras/endlers (depending on the hardness) and forget about a centrepiece fish - small tanks look better with a lot of small fish rather than one larger one (except for a tank with a betta and nothing else)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back