Question About Enhancing Red In A Flower Horn

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because you'll be killing the fish and terrorizing it - which is cruel. Anyway, with a small flowerhorn like that, get yourself a school of 5 or so large giant danios. You can take them out when the flowerhorn is a little larger and the danios should be ok, though somewhat stressed no doubt. It should still have the same effect on the FH. BTW, fish like that are called 'target fish'. They aren't only used with flowerhorns.

Because you'll be killing the fish and terrorizing it - which is cruel. Anyway, with a small flowerhorn like that, get yourself a school of 5 or so large giant danios. You can take them out when the flowerhorn is a little larger and the danios should be ok, though somewhat stressed no doubt. It should still have the same effect on the FH. BTW, fish like that are called 'target fish'. They aren't only used with flowerhorns.

Correct !

why not???

WOW.. I guess you don't have morals, so I'll just leave you alone.

morals has nothing to do with it but just a little update,

I put in a feeder golder fish about his size as a temp tank mate but he teared his head up. Just wondering if I should put him in a bigger tank with datnoids about his size, you think they should get along well?

morals have nothing to do with it????

so you torturing fish has nothing to do with your morals.. or lack thereof???

how does that work???

A little update. ( i think it's been about 16 days now) He's getting his color a little bit. I started feeding him krill. I throw in a pleco with him but within a week killed him. (that was not my intention) I'm so surpirsed at how aggresive they can be.

P3051284.jpg

P3051283.jpg

Well thanks for all the tips. laterz

Krill is another good food for FHs. Now here's what you want to know about yuor fish.

The strain of your FH is a ZZ = Zhen Zou

Sex : Female (80%) as you can see there's a black colour in her dorsal fin.

The Dragon tear makes the FH looks nice

Plums is solid and strait which is also nice

Pearls makes your FH expensive

How to take care of your ZZ:

You can do 30% water change every other day and 50% water change 2x a month. They love clean water and even straight from the faucet and no water conditioner needed. Put some rock/rable salt (NOT IODIZED) 0.11 Kilogram/US gallon. If you have a heater set it up to 85 - 88 deg F. Feed her with high protein pellets and like what I have said live feeds like feeders, shrimp, meal worms and blodworms is always been the best in the morning and high protein pellets in the afternoon.

After a month you can see drastic changes in her she'll grow like crazy. Her head will not be as huge as the others it's a hard kok and only a few females grow their koks.

Nice catch man ;)

p30512836iq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back