Question About Enhancing Red In A Flower Horn

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
water straight from the tap isn't good for fish... the chlorine is hard on the gills

Have you ever tried taking care of a flower horn ?

I've been doing this WC in my fishes for more than 18 years and from Oct 2005 up to present I did produce 1059 Bettas and almost 2000 flower horns with this practice and I never encountered problems.

No casualites.

Probably I'm doing it wrong :(

Some areas don't add much chlorine to their water.... particularly in other countries. I don't have to use dechlor either.

Krill is another good food for FHs. Now here's what you want to know about yuor fish.

The strain of your FH is a ZZ = Zhen Zou

Sex : Female (80%) as you can see there's a black colour in her dorsal fin.

The Dragon tear makes the FH looks nice

Plums is solid and strait which is also nice

Pearls makes your FH expensive

How to take care of your ZZ:

You can do 30% water change every other day and 50% water change 2x a month. They love clean water and even straight from the faucet and no water conditioner needed. Put some rock/rable salt (NOT IODIZED) 0.11 Kilogram/US gallon. If you have a heater set it up to 85 - 88 deg F. Feed her with high protein pellets and like what I have said live feeds like feeders, shrimp, meal worms and blodworms is always been the best in the morning and high protein pellets in the afternoon.

After a month you can see drastic changes in her she'll grow like crazy. Her head will not be as huge as the others it's a hard kok and only a few females grow their koks.

Nice catch man ;)

p30512836iq.jpg

WOW thanks for the all help, this is very useful information, now I have something to brag about when my friends come over. j/k

but seriously, thanks for the help, I appreciated it.

He's now about 2.5 inches.

Don't expect her to grow 12" or more :D if she is really a female. Need to know if she's going to lay eggs after few months or so and only 40% of the female FH lay eggs...

I'll say it again.. you're the only one around here that knows everything. :rolleyes:

i just joined here and this is first thread i read, . aardvark why do you have sucha negative tone. "cracker" is merely giving the guy some helpful information, and you are being a selfish bastard hating on his skills and knowledge, i know who to go to now when i need help with breeding my FH and FF, and its definitely not you.

GLAD TO BE HERE

I don't realy want to get involved in all this but I must point out that cracker lives in Manila in the Philippines - it's very likely they add less chlorine to water there (and probably no chloramines). For me, living in England, and, as far as I know, most people in the US, chlorine is a major fish killer. If it doesn't harm them directly, it does kill off the good bacteria that are responsible for making cycling possible - so you end up with high ammonia all the time (which is a fish-killer). Also, flowerhorns, being the rather large, sturdy fish they are, are likely to be less-affected by chlorine than, say, my gouramies (though that does not mean a FH should be exposed to it long-term). Should also add that a lot of people don't use de-chlorinator but let their water 'sit' for a day or two (or more). This gets rid of any chlorine (though it does nothing to chloramines so won't work in places where this is added to the water). Not to mention all those people who have well water or use RO from their LFS. Mind you (and now I'm going off-topic somewhat), well water can still benefit from ebing treated with a de-chlorinator/water conditioner as most also remove/make harmless heavy metals and various other chemicals.

I don't realy want to get involved in all this but I must point out that cracker lives in Manila in the Philippines - it's very likely they add less chlorine to water there (and probably no chloramines). For me, living in England, and, as far as I know, most people in the US, chlorine is a major fish killer. If it doesn't harm them directly, it does kill off the good bacteria that are responsible for maki ng cycling possible - so you end up with high ammonia all the time (which is a fish-killer). Also, flowerhorns, being the rather large, sturdy fish they are, are likely to be less-affected by chlorine than, say, my gouramies (though that does not mean a FH should be exposed to it long-term). Should also add that a lot of people don't use de-chlorinator but let their water 'sit' for a day or two (or more). This gets rid of any chlorine (though it does nothing to chloramines so won't work in places where this is added to the water). Not to mention all those people who have well water or use RO from their LFS. Mind you (and now I'm going off-topic somewhat), well water can still benefit from ebing treated with a de-chlorinator/water conditioner as most also remove/make harmless heavy metals and various other chemicals.

Yup I also agree with you. I use direct tap water in order for me to add some ammonia to my FH tank that makes them really colorful ;) that's another FH trick.

I hate being included in these little feuds :no:

I don't think so. Because you're still visiting this thread so you always wanted to be included here. lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back