Python

always4lora

Fish Herder
Joined
Oct 31, 2008
Messages
1,792
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
Cumbria
I've seen the topic on how to make your own ,, does anyone know where you can buy them in the uk? they look a really awsome bit of kit but i've looked on differnt sites and cant see them? anyone know where i can purchase them online in the UK? oh and i'd only need to go like 20 ft max with the tubes
 
ouch thats pricey!! ATM i'm using my battery power gravel vac for emptying the water but it takes sometime as its a 37gallon tank and the gravel vac doesnt go that fast, then i'm filling a 50-60 lin unused bin about half full (cant carry more) and making many trips to the sink takes a few hours to do a 30-50% water change
 
Oh it is so easy to make one and So much better because you can customise it. I made my own Only problem I had with putting it to gether was getting the tube from my gravel vacuums to fit the female adaptor to the hose. I ended up melting the tub to make is soft so I could push it over the adaptor. Besides that everything worked great.

Here is a great link on how to make one with pictures.

http://www.aquariumlife.net/projects/diy-a...um-tools/73.asp


I highly recommend doing it yourself. The only thing I don't use on that set up if the waterbed fill and drain thing. I don't like how you have to run your sink water to get a syphon going. I just run my hose outside or into a tub I don't use to drain it No water wasted.

You might want to ask them at the hardware store where the adapters are for hooking a hose up to a sink I needed that for my bathroom.
 
I made mine from this excellent post http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=250013 and I would have to say I don't really need to run the faucet much to get everything moving anyway.
Just a couple of seconds is all it takes then I shut the faucet off and leave the siphon to do it's work. That's less water than it takes to flush the toilet.
 
I made mine from this excellent post [URL="http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=250013"]http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=250013[/URL] and I would have to say I don't really need to run the faucet much to get everything moving anyway.
Just a couple of seconds is all it takes then I shut the faucet off and leave the siphon to do it's work. That's less water than it takes to flush the toilet.


Both designs are about the same price and both work well.

I turn on mine till the sound change then i know its syphoning. I position the hose in to the tank to the depth i want to remove and then go make tea or something. then it gurgles a bit i know its done!! add declor and refill. just keep an eye on it as there is no safely sounds this way!!!

I would never be with out it.....
 

Most reactions

Back
Top