Python vs cheaper brand gravel vacuum.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bdoggy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I saw this enomol Gravel Vacuum on Amazon. It comes with a 30ft hose and is only $35. The Python vacuums seem to go for a bit more.
Is there any real difference in these products?.
Thanks.
B.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220724-142904.png
    Screenshot_20220724-142904.png
    365.1 KB · Views: 29
I saw this enomol Gravel Vacuum on Amazon. It comes with a 30ft hose and is only $35. The Python vacuums seem to go for a bit more.
Is there any real difference in these products?.
Thanks.
B.
I've only used a Python and can recommend it. The big cost of these is the hose. Speculating, but the Python hose my be more pliable, larger ID, less danger of toxic chemical leeching.

The difference is likely quality.

I have the python and its built like a tank. I've heard stories of people that have had there for many many years. You can also replace individual parts, which is a huge plus.

IMO, get the python. You wont regret it.

I have an 18 year old python, just did water changes with it. Better quality, larger more flexible tubing, and yes you can get parts.

I've been using Python for 9 years now without any issues.

The difference is likely quality.

I have the python and its built like a tank. I've heard stories of people that have had there for many many years. You can also replace individual parts, which is a huge plus.

IMO, get the python. You wont regret it.
Right... The hose. That's the thing. I'm trying to make my life easier because I'm currently hauling water around in a bucket for water changes.
The bathroom sink is probably about 15-20 feet away... So the Python options I see come with a 50' hose for $85... So ya that's why I'm considering the cheaper one.
I probably only need 30' of hose.

If you can get away with a 25 ft hose, python makes a 25 foot version for cheaper than 50 ft version.

Right... The hose. That's the thing. I'm trying to make my life easier because I'm currently hauling water around in a bucket for water changes.
The bathroom sink is probably about 15-20 feet away... So the Python options I see come with a 50' hose for $85... So ya that's why I'm considering the cheaper one.
I probably only need 30' of hose.
If you can afford it, you may need that extra hose at a later time, and your Python will still be with you. Within reason, more hose is better. Also, flow rate (and suction) is proportional to the ID of the hose.

I have the 25 ft python, hopefully they still sell it. Price that one. And I used to have the one with the blue ends, I think Aqueon now, and that hose only lasted a couple of years

Most reactions

trending

Back