Pygmy cory with a broken fin

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Manon

Reaction score
Hi all
I purchased 5 pygmy cory's yesterday to fill out my gang to 10. They are currently in QT. One of them clearly has damage to the side of his little body (the pinkish bit) and his fin is not moving on that side. He spends most of the time at the bottom of the tank but does scramble up to the surface now and again and is otherwise a good size and colour. The other cory's check in on him periodically but he's mainly on his own. Is there hope for this little guy or anything I can do to help him recover? Many thanks
20210306_121353.jpg

Is the fin whole ? Same size and shape as the other ?

All I can say is it's the same length as the other one. It hasn't spread out like the other one when he swims to the surface.
Could be damage from being netted and bagged ? I donā€™t know if thereā€™s no visual difference Iā€™m guessing itā€™s been functional at some point

Could be damage from being netted and bagged ? I donā€™t know if thereā€™s no visual difference Iā€™m guessing itā€™s been functional at some point
It could be. I didn't notice anything yesterday but they were all subdued when they first came home, so there was nothing to notice. It's party time for the other four now so this little guy stands out. I hope he can recover. Having said that, the last thing I want is for him to suffer :(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back