PVC U glue & primer

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Warriors

Reaction score
hi there everyone can you please help

I need to get some glue/cement and primer for my pipework anyone know where I can get both from in a store in London area and what they recommend brand wise

regards
Gary

What sort of pipework?
If you are gluing pvc pipe, just go to a hardware store and get some pvc pipe glue. It's usually green and smells bad. It melts the plastic and when they are joined together they set solid.

grey standard pipework for connecting my tank and sump

thanks

Assuming you are using standard PVC or CPVC piping (like schedule 40 or schedule 80 for example) nearly any clear PVC cement or glue will do. Most are designed to be used in compliance with potable water standards and are food safe. Generally anything food safe is fish as well. As far as specific brands I’m not familiar with what is available over the pond.

Assuming you are using standard PVC or CPVC piping (like schedule 40 or schedule 80 for example) nearly any clear PVC cement or glue will do. Most are designed to be used in compliance with potable water standards and are food safe. Generally anything food safe is fish as well. As far as specific brands I’m not familiar with what is available over the pond.
thanks for your reply

Attachments

• pvc-pipe.jpg
    pvc-pipe.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 41

Most reactions

Back