Protein Skimmer

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

HManOne

Reaction score
I am in the process of starting my first aquarium...55g. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good quality protein skimmer. The Red Sea is too tall for my cabinet. I see Sea Clone and Queen Turbo Skimmer TS2000 quite a bit on different sites. I would like to put it in the sump.

Are you starting a marine aquarium?

Yes, saltwater aquarium, fish only...maybe gonna use live rock. Not sure if it is necessary for live rock...but I've been asking for opinions.
Thanks

Okay! I'll move this thread to the Marine Hardware forum. I hope you get better answers there, if not PM me.

Are you in the Uk or USA?

This can make a big difference in the skimmers available. you say that the berlin is too big for the cabinet so I guess that will rule out the aquamedic turboflotter 1000sl and the deltec ap600. you may get a deltec mc500 in the sump but It may be too tall. The biostar flotters are not a bad little skimmer but they are small and may not come on your tank especially with fish only. I'f you could hand a skimmer on the back of the display tank, then I would definatly recamend the deltec MCE600.

ste :)

BTW: I would always advise on getting live rock.

Not all the Red Sea filters are too tall, I have about 20" clearance in the cabinet.
I will defintely check out the ones you recommend (steK23).

Oh BTW, I am in the USA

The ASM skimmers are good. They're almost the same as the euroreef except half the price :D . I've had lots of people tell me that they work really well. I think there's a 19.5 inch model, G-1 I think. I think I'm getting the G-1x for my soon to be 75 gallon.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back