Pros And Cons

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

markandhisfish

comfortably numb
Reaction score
i just got an L81 golden nugget and in the tank is a 4" gibbicep im re-homing without much success so far it has to be said . trouble is the gibbi is behaving dominantly / territorially towards the smaller ( around 3" ) golden nugget. i was thinking maybe a complete re-arrange to in effect create a whole new set of territories may help.

so pros and cons of this would it make any difference? would it cause the new fish more stress than its worth? obviously the gibbicep is going as soon as poss but this behaviour isnt exactly condusive to the new fish settling in . suggestions welcome.

and yes i did ask if the 2 plecs would be ok before buying the L81 and was told ( on here ) that they should be fine . dont mean to sound shirty by last sentence but its an obvious question. tank is 4x2x2

I wouldnt do a full re-scape, but add some more caves, wood etc for the nugget to call his own, instead of him trying to muscle in on the gibbys homes.

looks like problem solved just had a message from somebody local with a cycled and suitable tank asking if its still availiable

he was allways gonna go anyway minxy as he just wouldnt have the swimming space in my tank. sure its 2 foot front to back but its cluttered with loads of caves roots hollow logs bogwood etc for hiding places . so he will be happier where he is going it will be just him and a red tiger oscar . so its better for him plus better for me cos then assuming its compatible with my L81 golden nugget i can get my L200 ive had my eye on for ages :good:

Used to have an L200 phantom, lovely plecs, peaceful so shouldnt be a problem with the nugget.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back