Problem of crayfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

thuctoanvietnamese

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a crayfish.I kept it for 2 months and nothing happened.but now,it left claw can't move.He can't move because his claw can't move up.I use sand substrate.what should I do ?

Not knowing much about Crayfish I have to ask, do they molt? If that happened then he might just be temporarily inconvenienced from that process. Either that or it's a Luke Skywalker thing. Talk to Darth Vader. ????
Hey man! Are you actually in Vietnam ? That's awesome ! You could collect some of your own exotic fish. How cool.

Any chance of a picture and short 30 second video of the crayfish?
If the pictures are too big for the website, set the camera's resolution to its lowest setting and take some more. The lower resolution will make the images smaller and they should fit on this website. Check the pictures on your pc and find a couple that are clear and show the problem, and post them here. Make sure you turn the camera's resolution back up after you have taken the pics otherwise all your pictures will be small.

If the video is too big for this website, post it on YouTube and copy & paste the link here. We can view it at YouTube. If you are using a mobile phone to take the video, have the phone horizontal so the video takes up the entire screen. If you have the phone vertical, you get video in the middle and black on either side.

Not knowing much about Crayfish I have to ask, do they molt? If that happened then he might just be temporarily inconvenienced from that process. Either that or it's a Luke Skywalker thing. Talk to Darth Vader. ????
Hey man! Are you actually in Vietnam ? That's awesome ! You could collect some of your own exotic fish. How cool.
Yes.i'm in Vietnam.There is a lot of fish in the river

Any chance of a picture and short 30 second video of the crayfish?
If the pictures are too big for the website, set the camera's resolution to its lowest setting and take some more. The lower resolution will make the images smaller and they should fit on this website. Check the pictures on your pc and find a couple that are clear and show the problem, and post them here. Make sure you turn the camera's resolution back up after you have taken the pics otherwise all your pictures will be small.

If the video is too big for this website, post it on YouTube and copy & paste the link here. We can view it at YouTube. If you are using a mobile phone to take the video, have the phone horizontal so the video takes up the entire screen. If you have the phone vertical, you get video in the middle and black on either side.
This video is when the water level is low.when I fill up water,It's still like there !

the left claw
No.It don't have any symptom of molt.

Could the claw have been damaged somehow? It seems that the nerves leading to the claw have been severed somehow...

Get a tooth pick or pop stick and put it between the end of the left claw and see if the crayfish grabs it. If the crayfish grabs the stick then the claw does work to a degree. But if the claw does not grab the stick (tooth pick), then it has been damaged and can be removed. It sounds gross and is to a degree, but you grab the damaged claw and gently twist it and pull it off. Sometimes the crayfish will shed damage claws or legs after a fight and grow them back over the next few moults.

The actual crayfish appears sluggish and unhappy in that tank. Is the water quality ok?
If there is any ammonia or nitrite in the water it will make them sick and stop moving. Check the water quality and do a 75% water change before testing the claw or removing it.

Get a tooth pick or pop stick and put it between the end of the left claw and see if the crayfish grabs it. If the crayfish grabs the stick then the claw does work to a degree. But if the claw does not grab the stick (tooth pick), then it has been damaged and can be removed. It sounds gross and is to a degree, but you grab the damaged claw and gently twist it and pull it off. Sometimes the crayfish will shed damage claws or legs after a fight and grow them back over the next few moults.

The actual crayfish appears sluggish and unhappy in that tank. Is the water quality ok?
If there is any ammonia or nitrite in the water it will make them sick and stop moving. Check the water quality and do a 75% water change before testing the claw or removing it.
It's still pinch my hand,with both claw

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back